Heel pain is among the most common forms of foot-related ailments reported across the world. While a variety of reasons could cause heel pain, Plantar Fasciitis is the biggest. Numbers say that somewhere around 2 million Americans get treated for Plantar Fasciitis annually. Around 4 to 7% of people across the world suffer from this disorder at any given point in time. Hence, the best insoles for Plantar Fasciitis are required. Estimates say that 1 in 10 people will suffer from this in the course of their lives, but it can be understood that like most joint ailments, this too becomes common as age progresses.
What Exactly Is Plantar Fasciitis, And Why Should You Care?
Plantar Fasciitis is a disorder of the connective tissue (plantar fascia) that joins the heel to the front of the foot. It is a very thin ligament that lies directly beneath your skin, at the sole of your feet. The main function it performs is providing support to the arch of your foot.
Inflammation of the plantar fascia causes searing pain and makes it difficult for the affected to stand, walk and run. While the pain starts slowly, it can cause severe discomfort and disruption to daily life if untreated.
Another essential question at this stage would be
What Causes the Plantar Fasciitis?
While the answer to this is not clear, there are certain obvious reasons why any part of the human foot experiences pain.
Ligament Strain: Plantar Fasciitis occurs when the ligament that protects the arch gets stressed. Repetitive strain can cause tiny ligament tears that contribute to discomfort and swelling.
Weight Pressure: The cause of plantar fasciitis is most common for those who are overweight, have high arches or flat feet, or are very busy who walk, stand, or run for long periods of time.
Repetitive activities: Due to an aggressive physical lifestyle and the constant pressure on their feet, runners and athletes are generally candidates for Plantar Fasciitis
Now, the million-dollar question.
How Is Plantar Fasciitis Treated?
It is mostly a conservative course of treatment, which usually involves lots of rest, some medication for pain management, and… a good comfortable pair of Insoles.
It has been found that a fair amount of cushioning at the bottom of one’s foot is essential to protect from damage to the ligament. When standing for long hours or even while exercising, if there is an error in posture, which results in too much weight being transferred to the heel, it could cause plantar fasciitis.
Picking The Right Insole
Picking the right insole for you depends specifically on your feet’ structure and specific fit problem(s) that you have with your shoes and what’s comfortable for you. For example, if your feet are too big, you can try toe inserts as this can help give support at the front of the shoe; if your shoes are too loose, then you can try a full insole for maximum comfort and support; you need to find an insole that matches your shoe size; if the heels of your shoes are rubbing a gel heel grip or half insole could work for you, this help to support the heel but not the front your foot.
See Also: Best Cross Country Shoes For Men & Women
Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis in 2021
While there are various brands available in the market providing high-quality insoles, here are the five best insoles:
Dr. Scholl’s Orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis
- The renowned American footwear and orthopedic foot care brand is introduced by the product and is highly recommended for its comfort and shock absorbing ability.
- The contoured heel cup and cushioning help ease pain and protect the plantar fascia from further damage and makes it one of the best insoles for Plantar Fasciitis.
- It has the added benefit of being perfectly compatible with almost every footwear type and can be easily inserted into all kinds of shoes, boots, heels, and sneakers.
Vivesole – Silicone Gel Heel Cups
- Ideal for wearing with sandals and slippers, these silicone gel heel cups come with an adhesive base that comfortably stays in place throughout the day which is one of the best insoles for Plantar Fasciitis.
- The cups are made of soft silicone gel that is easily mouldable and contours to your feet’ shape. They help minimize soreness and give cushioning to your heel, reducing pressure on the knee and relieving pain. These are also ideal for sports and other fitness activities.
Buy on Amazon
Physix Gear Sport – Full-Length Orthotic Insoles
- Made of medical-grade EVA foam, which provides much needed cushioning to your feet. High quality, comfortable, and high shock-absorbing technology.
- Extremely beneficial for walking, hiking, running, and other strenuous activity.
Buy on Amazon
- Made from high-density foam and silicone, which contours to take the shape of your feet, thereby reducing strain and pressure.
- Provides support for moderate periods of standing and walking.
- Helps prevent Achilles tendonitis and other ailments.
- Fits into most shoes and sneakers due to its low thickness.
Buy on Amazon
Powerstep – Pinnacle Premium Ortho Shoe Insoles
- Ideal for high-intensity sports activity and other heavy workout making it one of the best insoles for Plantar Fasciitis.
- Provides much-needed balance to the heel and has a high shock absorption capacity
- Antimicrobial fabric reduces sweating of feet, allowing for firm grip and reduced odor.
Buy on Amazon
The Nucature shoe insoles come with silicone gel orthopedic arch and heel support for people suffering from plantar fasciitis.
- The large insoles provide the proper coverage and are extremely lightweight, superb in build and design quality. They make the topmost layer with breathable material. The superior quality material used ensures their extensive wearability.
- The soles retain their shape and show no sign of flattening even after a long period.
- The honeycomb design inserted in the heel and forefoot part allows the distribution of the stress on the feet and, in turn, reduces the fatigue responsible for pain.
- They design the sole with silicone gel and support the foot with their neutral arch design and hence are compatible with any foot arch type.
Buy on Amazon
Giving an excellent value for money, Vissco products are tailor-made, keeping their customers’ need on the topmost priority. The affordability makes it one of the best insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- The superior quality silicone sole comes in 3 different sizes: M, L, and XL.
- The orthopedic insole acts as an additional layer between the foot and the hard shoe sole.
- The sole is made-up of shock-absorbing material. It reduces the stress on the feet and makes walking a blissful experience.
- The soft padding helps minimize the stress on joints and muscles; the design is anatomical to support the foot’s arch. The sole can be put into any shoe and has a contemporary design to make every day graceful.
- The ratings are good, and the product enjoys a good customer reaction from the users.
Fovera Gel Insoles
Fovera gel insoles are the cheapest full-length orthotics to battle plantar fasciitis and provide all-day comfort to the user.
- The insoles have excellent and superior cushioning and provide a rich experience to the user.
- These are gentle. The elevated cushioning provides unrivaled support to the heels. The soles also feature massaging gel technology, which distributes the pressure effortlessly. Thus, alleviates the stress from the painful plantar region.
- The gel technology also absorbs micro shocks to provide unmatched comfort to the user. Fovera insole equips the user against spurs, corns neuroma and also provides comfort in cases of foot fatigues. You can wear the insoles in casual, formal, and sports shoes. If necessary, You can trim it for a tailor-made fit.
Buy on Amazon
The Indian Onyxneo silicone insole comes with a medial arch to end the plantar fasciitis.
- Having a low arch-architecture, they make it with 100% pure silicone. It is platinum cured and is hypoallergic. They sell it as a pair of 2 insoles and are of universal size. The arch height is 0.65 inches. The extensive cushioning provides a way to ease the pressure and foot pain.
- The insole is ideal for people with flat feet and you can use it for calluses, heel bone spur, ankle, corns, and metatarsal pain. The sole is anti-slip and offers excellent friction and shock absorbing. Furthermore, the sole is washable, odorless, and never dries out.
All-Rounder: Full-Length Orthotic Inserts From Physix Gear Sport With Arch Support
These are very common and inexpensive; Physix Gear insoles are ergonomically built to provide the right amount of support and cushioning for your feet. Made with a high-quality, medical-grade EVA foam, they provide the most shock absorption to relieve the legs and feet from plantar fasciitis and minimize muscle fatigue. If you are riding, biking, climbing, or doing other sports, the semi-rigid arch brace and heel cup add extra support and stabilization.
The list above is a guide compiled on the basis of overall reviews.
Insoles are one of the most basic treatment options for Plantar Fasciitis. But there are various other options available to patients, based on the intensity of the disorder. Doctors often prescribe posture corrections and other therapies to help alleviate the pain. Special shoes, water therapy, etc., are all options for further treatment.
Minor heel pain may not seem like something that requires your urgent attention, but disorders like Plantar fasciitis can often become detrimental to daily functioning if not treated appropriately.
If you find yourself experiencing any symptoms, do get medical help and try out some simple remedies like using Insoles, as they say, better safe than sorry!
See Also: 6 Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints
- 1 What Exactly Is Plantar Fasciitis, And Why Should You Care?
- 2 What Causes the Plantar Fasciitis?
- 3 How Is Plantar Fasciitis Treated?
- 4 Picking The Right Insole
- 5 Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis in 2021
- 5.1 Dr. Scholl’s Orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis
- 5.2 Vivesole – Silicone Gel Heel Cups
- 5.3 Physix Gear Sport – Full-Length Orthotic Insoles
- 5.4 Walk Hero
- 5.5 Powerstep – Pinnacle Premium Ortho Shoe Insoles
- 5.6 Nucature
- 5.7 Vissco
- 5.8 Fovera Gel Insoles
- 5.9 Onyxneo Insole
- 5.10 All-Rounder: Full-Length Orthotic Inserts From Physix Gear Sport With Arch Support
- 6 Conclusion