Hip Flexor Stretches is a relaxing exercise for your muscles, helping you move your lower body. Hip Flexors are those group of muscles which are present on the lower part of your body. These may include the psoas, iliacus, rectus femoris, and Sartorius’s muscles. These all help you to lift your knees, bend at the hips, etc. The best hip flexor stretches may help people who experience a tight hip. There are more which you can get from these Stretches.
There may be many reasons that your hips may feel tight. Therefore, opening up and relaxing the muscles of the lower part of your body and upper thighs can help encourage proper movement, which can prevent any pain or injury. Therefore, flexor stretch is best for this purpose.
The tight hips may put you at increased risk for the injury as the increased amount of tissues isn’t moving properly. Therefore it leads to a tight hip and causes many injuries to the lower part of the body.
Best Hip Flexor Stretches
So, let’s get to know about some of the best Hip Flexor Stretches which can help you at best.
Foam Roller Stretch
- You have to lie down with your foam roller placed beneath and a little below your right hip.
- Put your left leg to the side, bending your knee at an angle of 90-degree.
- Place your forearms in front of the floor so that you take off some of the bodyweights of your hip.
- Now, stretch your right leg straight behind you with your toes pointed backward and the front of the foot flat on the floor.
- Gently move forward and backward using your Foam roller.
- Continue doing this for 30-40 seconds.
- You will then feel a pressure point, which will have extra pain. Focus on that point for about 10-20 seconds to release some of the tightness.
- Now, repeat the above steps with another side.
Active Standing Hip Flexor Stretch
- Stand on your right foot with the toes a little turned inwards. Then put your left foot in a slightly higher place, or you can take a chair and put your foot on the seat of it.
- Now, hold up your arms straight at your chest level.
- Raise your arms straight up and gently push your pelvis forward. This will straighten your right leg and will make you bend in your left knee.
- You will feel a pull in front of your right hip due to the standing hip flexor stretches.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat the same steps with the left leg.
- Kneel with your right knee on your floor and put the other leg at an angle of 90 degrees in front of you.
- Put your hands on your left knee, keeping your back straight.
- Keep your right knee as it was in its position of kneeling to the floor, lean forward into your left hip, however squeezing the muscles in your right butt.
- Hold on for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same steps with the other leg.
It is one of the best hip flexor stretches.
Supine Hip Abductor Stretch
- Here, you have to lie down on the floor with your legs very straight, and the toes are pointing upwards.
- Keep your right leg straight and bend your left knee so that your foot is placed on the floor and your fingers behind your left knee.
- Pull up your left knee towards your chest, keeping your hips, back, and right leg on the floor.
- Respire out and pull out your left knee closer towards your chest.
- Hold on for 30-35 seconds and repeat the same thing with another leg. It is the best hip flexor stretch for beginners.
- Sit a little sideways on the edge of support (a chair or a bench) with your back perfectly straight.
- Keep both feet on the floor and bend your knees.
- Slightly slide your foot back and lower your right knee to the floor.
- Bend your leg at an angle of 90 degrees with your right knee below your right hip and keep the left foot on the floor.
- Then tighten your butt and hold this for 30-35 seconds and repeat the same thing with another leg.
This entire article will help you with all the necessary required exercises you should perform for the hip flexor muscle stretches. You may get some injury just because of the hips tight you may get, as discussed above.
Starting with the roller stretches and all the best hip flexor stretches will help you loosen the tight hip flexor muscles and all the other muscles present at the lower part of your body. Treating this from medical things may not give you so much relief, but doing all these important best hip flexor stretches may loosen up your body and give you more relief.
On the contrary, if your pain is medically based and cannot be treated easily, you have to consult your doctor for that concern. They can also determine the reason for your pain, whether it is a result of an underlying medical cause.
See Also: 6 Best 100m Spikes To Get in 2022
I’m Alexandra Caspero, the Registered Dietitian and Plant-Based Chef behind Delish Knowledge. My goal is to cut through the nutrition noise by providing real-life, nourishing tips for body and mind.