Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a fatty acid in meat and dairy that can have various health benefits. It is also a popular weight loss supplement. Linoleic acid is the most common omega-6 fatty acid. One can find in large amounts vegetable oils and various other foods in smaller amounts. Moreover, there are 28 different forms of CLA. However, the difference between these forms is that their double bonds have various arrangements. It’s also important to keep in mind that something as minuscule as this can make a world of difference to our cells. You can also incorporate CLA by taking it in the form of supplements as well. We will list some of the best CLA supplements for you to check out.
Most people already ingest some CLA through their diet. Also the average intake in the US is about 151 mg per day for women and 212 mg for men.
- 1 What Does CLA Do?
- 2 The 13 Best CLA Supplements
- 2.1 Optimum Nutrition CLA
- 2.2 MRM CLA 1250
- 2.3 NOW Foods CLA
- 2.4 Bulk Supplements CLA Soft gels
- 2.5 MusclePharm CLA
- 2.6 NatureWise CLA 1250 Softgels
- 2.7 Sports Research CLA 1250
- 2.8 RSP CLA Softgels
- 2.9 Purity Labs CLA 4500 Softgels
- 2.10 Muscleblaze
- 2.11 Veda Maxx
- 2.12 Foresta Organics
- 2.13 Bliss Wellness
- 2.14 Sports Research CLA 1250 (Vegan) from Non-GMO Safflower Oil
- 3 Conclusion
What Does CLA Do?
As obesity increased worldwide, interest grew in CLA as a potential weight-loss treatment. CLA may be one of the most comprehensively studied weight loss supplements in the world.
CLA has also been studied extensively in randomized controlled trials, the gold standard of scientific experimentation in humans — though with mixed results. Some studies indicate that CLA can cause significant fat loss in humans. It may also improve body composition by reducing body fat and increasing muscle mass.
The 13 Best CLA Supplements
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is an approved companion for those trying to lose weight. It is an Omega-6 fatty acid. This kind of fat comes under the category of “good fat,” which the dieticians recommend in an appropriate quantity. CLA not only aids weight loss but also assists in building muscles and serves as a curb on the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. CLA is naturally present in meat and dairy products such as beef, eggs, milk, etc., from cow, chicken, goats, etc. Furthermore, one can also take it as a supplement, much like multivitamins or probiotics.
Studies suggest that adding CLA to your diet can enhance your fitness results, helping you reduce body fat while maintaining lean muscle gain. Studies have also shown that CLA improved metabolic health and a lower risk of many diseases. CLA seems to have an anti-catabolic effect, inhibiting the muscle mass after exercise and an anabolic effect supporting muscle tissue growth. So lets begin with our list of the best CLA supplements available on the market.
Optimum Nutrition CLA
Optimum Nutrition CLA(conjugated linoleic acid) is quickly becoming a “must-have” for people who are looking to lose fat and gain muscles for a healthy lifestyle and good physique. It contains 750mg of active CLA in each serving. It’s a bit on the lower end of the scale – but keep in mind that it’s also very affordable. CLA is a group of unique fatty acids one can find naturally in foods like eggs, dairy products and red meat. And with the backing of a great company like Optimum Nutrition, you can trust that you’ll be getting a great product.
- 750mg active CLA per serving
- Made by Optimum Nutrition
- Among all other reviews this has the best cla supplement review
- Great value for money
What’s in it
One serving contains: 1000mg safflower seed oil standardised to contain 75% CLA. Total CLA: 750mg. While on the lower end of the scale in terms of CLA content per capsule.
Who makes it
This product is made by Optimum Nutrition, a massive supplement manufacturer based in Illinois. Founded in 1987, ON is best known for its popular Gold Standard line of fitness supplements like protein powder. Optimum Nutrition is a nutritional supplement company focusing on creating products that help you build muscle, gain mass, lose weight, increase endurance, and perform better in sports. Optimum Nutrition claims to offer products that help in various stages, including pre-workout, post-workout, strength support, and foundational support, however, with ingredients like soy and artificial sweeteners included in their formulas. With more than a million fans on Facebook and one of the best track records in the industry, you can trust that ON makes fantastic products.
See Also: The 6 Best Green Powders of 2022
MRM CLA 1250
MRM CLA 1250 High Potency is a good CLA supplement containing 1000mg active CLA in each serving. It is a solid product at a reasonable price. There’s nothing particularly unique or noteworthy about it (which isn’t a bad thing), but it’s a good product that comes from a good brand, so it’s certainly a decent option.
- 1000mg active CLA per serving
- Naturally derived
What’s in it
One serving contains:1250mg safflower oil standardised to contain 80% CLA. Total CLA: 1000mg per capsule.
Who makes it
This product is made by MRM, otherwise known as Metabolic Response Modifiers. This California-based supplement manufacturer produces a wide range of fitness products designed to help people lose weight and stay in shape. They focus on maintaining high-quality standards while keeping prices low.
NOW Foods CLA
NOW Foods CLA 800mg is made by one of the most trusted names in the health industry. This is a simple and easy product with pure, non-GMO safflower oil and no fillers or additives.
- 800mg active CLA per serving
- Uses non-GMO safflower oil
- No additives or fillers
- Made by NOW Foods
- Great value for money
- Very affordable
What’s in it
One serving contains: 1000mg non-GMO safflower oil, standardised to 80% CLA. Total CLA: 800mg. NOW uses pure, non-GMO safflower oil to produce its high-quality supplements.
Who makes it
This product is made by NOW Foods, one of the largest health foods, top cla brands and supplement manufacturers out there. In business for more than 45 years, NOW makes everything from frozen health foods to nutritional supplements.
Since its founding in 1968, NOW has been winning countless awards and has consistently held its rank as one of the best supplement companies out there – as well as one of the best companies to work for! When you buy a NOW Foods product, you can trust that you’re getting a quality product.
Bulk Supplements CLA Soft gels
This product comprises CLA extracted from safflower oil together with Glycerine, bovine gelatine capsule, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid. Every two capsules of the supplement provide 1,589 milligrams of premium CLA oil. It also inculcates 2 grams of fat which comprise 1.8 grams of unsaturated fat and 1.6g of polyunsaturated fat. In addition, it contains an essential antioxidant and endurance enhancer 4IU Vitamin E.
Bulk Supplements CLA is a simple CLA supplement. At around 6 cents apiece, these are some of the cheapest but best CLA pills available, but they’re still very high quality. These clean & pure soft gels contain no fillers and are lab tested to maintain purity and quality standards.
- It is extensively employed as a supplement for building muscles by men.
- It is a natural enhancer of metabolic activities which promotes fat loss. Furthermore, someone focusing on maintaining their weight will also find it handy.
- One of the critical characteristics of this is its use in Keto pills for losing weight.
- It doesn’t encompass ineffectual fillers, preservatives, etc., which results in the supplement being of premium quality.
- People with a soy allergy and dairy allergy will find it appropriate for use.
- 1000mg safflower oil per serving
- Clean & pure – no fillers
- Very affordable
What’s in it
One serving contains 1589mg CLA (serving size of two capsules).
Who makes it
This product is made by Bulk Supplements, a significant supplier of clean & pure supplements. By focusing on ingredient quality over anything else, Bulk Supplements can offer top-quality products at rock-bottom prices. They package all their products in generic, simple packages to cut down on costs and pass the savings on to you!
MusclePharm makes this product, a company one knows primarily for its fitness supplements. Combining a blend of 3 different oils to deliver potent CLA benefits is a simple and affordable option.
- 1000mg oil blend per serving
- Comes from a well-respected brand
- Good value
What’s in it
One serving contains: 1000mg CLA Core blend consists of conjugated linoleic acid thattra virgin olive oil and avocado oil. The only downside of this hat is not listing the specific quantity of active CLA in each capsule.
Who makes it
This product is made by MusclePharm, one of the largest and fastest-growing sports supplement companies out there. Founded in 2008, MusclePharm’s popularity has exploded as they’ve continually released solid, effective products at reasonable prices. Best known for their line of protein powders and other fitness supplements, MusclePharm now offers a wide range of general supplements.
See Also: 5 Best Ab Machines in 2022
NatureWise CLA 1250 Softgels
It contains CLA from safflower oil as its primary content and additional elements: Softgel Capsule (Halal gelatine, glycerine, purified water, and carob). Wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, or shellfish are not in this. It has 80% CLA, extracted from non-GMO safflower oil and no unnatural additives.
It is especially apt for those with gluten allergies. The product’s manufacture uses hygienic, uncomplicated, and natural components that make it non-stimulating and doesn’t cause any kind of addiction. Key perquisites of NatureWise CLA 1250 Softgels to include:
- It stimulates the growth of lean muscles and enhances metabolism. It also revitalizes the energy generation of one’s body and aids relentless training and workout.
- Moreover, it amplifies the boons of training by regulating specific enzymes’ manoeuvre, which takes part in the metabolic activities of fatty acids. Furthermore, it imparts the manufacture of energy for building up the body’s stamina and forbearance.
Sports Research CLA 1250
The chief element is CLA from non-GMO safflower oil with Vegetarian Capsule (GMO-Free Modified Corn-starch, Vegetable Glycerine, Carrageenan, and Purified Water) and Natural Organic Lemon as a flavoring agent. The supplement is among the most lucid CLA supplements as it contains at least 80% CLA.
The chief properties of Sports Research CLA 1250 are:
- It emphasizes muscle building more than aiding weight loss.
- Being 100% herbal, it becomes an ideal pick for those who are vegan.
- It is also suitable for those having gluten allergies.
RSP CLA Softgels
CLA from safflower oil is the primary e, resulting supplement, and other components such as gelatine, glycerine, purified water, and natural color. Each serving of the supplement contains ten calories.
- It is a natural supplement and safe, healthy, and one of the best CLA supplements that aid muscle building, weight loss, and training efficacy.
- Moreover, it is also one of the most effective and non-stimulating weight loss boosters and is suitable for males and females.
- It is also an innocuous enhancer of metabolic activities, which aids in a healthy and safe diet.
- The supplement is manufactured after proper research, tests, and a GMP authorized laboratory, making it safe and effective.
Purity Labs CLA 4500 Softgels
It is made up of pure CLA, extracted from non-GMO safflower oil. It abstains from using artificial flavors, conservative additives, or fillers.
The essential characteristics of Purity Labs CLA 4500 Softgels are:
- It is also a 100% risk-free supplement.
- Moreover, it is appropriate for those with gluten allergies.
- It is also among the most powerful CLA Supplement. Still, it is one of the top CLA supplements as it inculcates pure, non-stimulating, and non-GMO Safflower oil, resulting in a strong concentrated CLA serving.
- Furthermore, it acts as a supreme CLA supplement for enhancing metabolic activities and weight loss and promotes the building of lean muscles without bulking up the body.
- It is also a third-party tested product and is manufactures only in a GMP authorized production systems.
The above-mentioned CLA Supplements comprise the efficacious quantity of quality CLA with the least possible usage of other components. Hence, all these supplements are effective. A cGMP authorized manufacturing system manufactures these supplements.
- It is a naturally occurring fatty acid of omega six, resulting in families one can find in meat, dairy, and sunflower oil.
- CLA 1000 boosts the elimination of harmful toxins from the body and maintains overall good health
- Muscle-blaze CLA 1000 is one of the best CLA supplements, and its formula is optimal for fat-reducing lean muscle maintenance of an individual.
- It also helps shred accumulated body fat and maintains good metabolism
- Each soft-gel capsule provides 1000 mg of pure CLA to support your workout regime
CLA, short for conjugated linoleic acid, is an omega-6 fatty acid. This healthy fat supports overall health, reduces inflammation, and acts as an antioxidant in the body, reducing free radical damage that leads to signs of aging and provides excellent energy & health.
- It also supports metabolism and helps your body use fat as fuel without the jitters that caffeine can give.
- It also maintains lean muscle. CLA capsules can help hit body fat percentage without muscles by boosting your metabolism and providing your body with omega-6 fatty acid.
- Stimulates free fat loss without having terrible effects on our minds and bodies.
Foresta Organics’ CLA 1600 is extracted from Flaxseed and Safflower oil and is 100% Vegan. CLA 1600 power-packs 80% conjugated linoleic acid to help achieve optimal body composition and get maximum fat loss results. When taken in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet and moderate physical exercise, It helps reduce body fat and supports muscle retention. Moreover, it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and is a powerful antioxidant that enhances muscle tone.
- It has no preservatives, is 100% natural & organic, plant-based, ayurvedic, and gluten-free.
- Key benefits – helps increase muscle tone, helps improve bone density, helps increase lean mass, helps reduce body fat, helps boost immunity.
- The purest ingredients, without gluten or any other major allergens (eggs, tree nuts, peanuts), make these products. It also does not contain any form of dairy, soy, yeast, fish, or shellfish.
Stimulant free weight management: lean bliss CLA is beneficial in weight loss & lean muscle mass development. Powered with High Potency 80% CLA, Lean Bliss CLA provides stimulant-free fat loss.
- It actively reduces body fat and increases lean mass.
- It is also a powerful antioxidant that supports increased metabolism and enhances muscle tone.
Sports Research CLA 1250 (Vegan) from Non-GMO Safflower Oil
It delivers a minimum of 80% active CLA per soft liquid gel. Moreover, it has no jittery side effects with a low Non-Stimulating Formula. It is a 100% Plant-Based Vegan CLA derived from non-GMO best CLA safflower oil. It’s IGEN Non-GMO verified and vegan certified. Also this product does not contain animal ingredients, soybean oil, or gluten. Its main ingredients are Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Vegetarian Capsule (GMO-Free Modified Cornstarch, Vegetable Glycerine, Carrageenan, Purified Water), Natural Organic Lemon (Flavour). One can also consume it as directed by a physician or 1 Liquid Softgel daily with a meal.
It is not manufactured with milk, eggs, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy, or gluten. Produced in a third-party, audited, and registered GMP compliant facility that may process other products that contain these allergens or ingredients. Also the servings per container are 90, and the amount per serving is 15 calories, 1.5g total fat, Safflower Seed Oil CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) 1250mg and 1000mg. Healthy adults can consume this dietary supplement three times daily with meals. It would also be best to always take it in conjunction with a regular exercise program and a healthy diet.
We suggested the best CLA supplements available in 2022. But if you feel how to get it from your diet, we recommend you increase the consumption of these foods as they are present in them naturally. Meat and dairy are also the most common foods with CLA present naturally. One can find it in beef, Cheddar Cheese, Chicken, Cow’s Milk, Lamb, and Cottage Cheese.
The average use of this dose-dependent supplement seems to be around 3 grams a day for about 8 to 12 weeks. Also we hope we have cracked the code for you to understand better which one to pick for yourself according to your body or personal needs. Though CLA Supplements have links to fat loss, the effects are small and highly unlikely to make any difference in everyday life.
Stacie is a Licensed and Registered Dietitian from rural southern Minnesota where she, her husband and daughter reside with their two pups. She’s a content creator. She loves all kinds of fitness and has a passion to inspire as many as she can live a healthier and happier life both in and out of the kitchen – the driving force behind the co-development of the The Real Food Dietitians.